Creative Strategy eurobest Award
Information Deck Compulsory Material Guide
The Creative Strategy eurobest Award celebrates the idea behind the idea. We wanted to give you the best opportunity to communicate the nuance and detail found in strategic planning, so we are asking all entrants to provide an information deck/ PDF as the primary, compulsory material for judging. This gives you the chance to really showcase all aspects of the strategy at every stage, while also providing the jury with the details they crave.
To help bring your work to life, here is some useful information about the judging criteria guidelines and guidance on what the jury will be looking for, plus a few hints and tips to consider when creating your entry:
Compulsory material for entry to Creative Strategy eurobest Award: 1 x Information deck/PDF (Compulsory)
The suggested length is 10 pages and it should contain key supporting information about your entry in clear, concise English. This could include the original brief, how the strategy was pitched, data sources, supporting images, and a breakdown of the research.
You should use the following criteria as a guideline for what the jury will be looking for:
Interpretation (30% of vote)
Explain clearly how you came to understand the brand’s challenge/ objective:
- The business challenge the brand was facing
- Interpretation of the client needs and brand values
- Industry/ target market
- The desired outcome
Insight/ Breakthrough Thinking (30% of vote)
Explain clearly the creative use of research, data or resources that lead to an original and compelling strategy:
- Outline the strategic process used to tackle the problem
- How did you arrive at the insight? Details here could include:
- Audience / consumer / culture
- Internal/ external challenges faced and how they were overcome
- The breakthrough moment
Creative Idea (20% of vote)
- Clearly explain the creative idea
- How the creative strategy directly influenced the creative execution
Outcome/ Results (20% of vote)
Explain clearly what impact your creative strategy had on the client. This may include:
- Business impact
- Change in behaviour or consumer awareness/ value added to the brand
- Achievement against the original challenge/ client satisfaction.
- The impact on the industry/ culture
What do I need to provide with my entry?
- An Information Deck containing an explanation of the strategy is compulsory
- You will also be asked to complete a Written Explanation when making your entry on our website. Here, you should provide a summary of your work. You should then expand on these areas in greater detail in the Information Deck.
- It is highly recommended to submit a two-minute Case Study Film and you may include optional Support Materials. We would recommend using these materials to demonstrate the visual/ physical elements and avoid covering the same information as in the Information Deck and Written Explanation.
- Please note, the jury will be focused on honouring the demonstrable processes of strategic thinking and insight behind the creative idea and less focused on the creative execution.
Our Awards team are Lions experts. Whether you have a specific query or would like some advice, we’re here to help. Contact us here firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on +44 (0) 20 3033 4000